Driving bans – Vehicles without a Distintivo Ambiental
The following vehicles are classified in category A of the DGT Dirección General de Tráfico. This means that none of the following vehicles can receive a Distintivo Ambiental of categories 0, ECO, C or B:
- All petrol cars of EURO classes 0-2 registered before 01.01.2001.
- All diesel cars of the EURO classes 0-3 registered before 01.01.2006.
- All diesel commercial vehicles and campers < 3.5 t of the EURO classes 0-3 registered before 01.01.2006.
- All petrol campers < 3.5 t of EURO classes 0-2 registered before 01.01.2001.
- All motorised two, three and light four-wheeled vehicles of EURO classes 0-1 registered before 01.07.2004.
- All trucks, buses and heavy campers of EURO classes 0-3 registered before 01.10.2006.
The above-mentioned vehicle types and Euro classes, which cannot receive a Distintivo Ambiental, may nevertheless enter the temporary Spanish LEZ environmental zones while there is no pollution peak, or a permanent LEZ zone if transitional rules apply. What matters are the rules of the respective LEZ for a city.